Wednesday, February 4, 2015

AHW 2/4/15

R.J. Palacio
"I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
1241 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Kinder than is necessary. Because it's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
847 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
695 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"The things we do outlast our mortality. The things we do are like monuments that people build to honor heroes after they've died. They're like the pyramids that the Egyptians built to honor the pharaohs. Only instead of being made of stone, they're made out of the memories people have of you."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
439 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Now that I look back, I don't know why I was so stressed about it all this time. Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
433 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"If every person in this room made it a rule that wherever you are, whenever you can, you will try to act a little kinder than is necessary - the world really would be a better place. And if you do this, if you act just a little kinder than is necessary, someone else, somewhere, someday, may recognize in you, in every single one of you, the face of God."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
395 likes
Like
R. J. Palacio
"MR. BROWNE'S SEPTEMBER PRECEPT:

WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN BEING
RIGHT OR BEING KIND, CHOOSE KIND."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder (Adult edition))
354 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"The best way to measure how much you've grown isn't by inches or the number of laps you can now run around the track, or even your grade point average-- though those things are important, to be sure. It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
299 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Sometimes I think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams"
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
291 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"AUGUST PULLMAN'S PRECEPT
Everyone deserves a standing ovation because we all overcometh the world. --Auggie"
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
233 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"no, no, it's not all random, if it really was all random, the universe would abandon us completely. and the universe doesn't. it takes care of its most fragile creations in ways we can't see. like with parents who adore you blindly. and a big sister who feels guilty for being human over you. and a little gravelly-voiced kid whose friends have left him over you. and even a pink-haired girl who carries your picture in her wallet. maybe it is a lottery, but the universe makes it all even out in the end. the universe takes care of all its birds."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
223 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Jack, sometimes you don't have to be mean to hurt someone."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
211 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Do people look the same when they go to heaven, mommy?"
"I don't know. I don't think so."
"Then how do people recognize each other?"
"I don't know, sweetie. They just feel it. You don't need your eyes to love, right?"
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
205 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"It’s not enough to be friendly. You have to be a friend."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
199 likes
Like
R. J. Palacio
"I wish every day could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the masks."
R.J. Palacio
178 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Funny how sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
152 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"I actually like how doctors talk. I like the sound of science. I like how words you don't understand explain things you can't understand."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
149 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
138 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"It's like people you see sometimes, and you can't imagine what it would be like to be that person, whether it's somebody in a wheelchair or somebody who can't talk. Only, I know that I'm that person to other people, maybe to every single person in that whole auditorium.
To me, though, I'm just me. An ordinary kid."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder)
134 likes
Like
R.J. Palacio
"Here’s what I think: the only reason I’m not ordinary is that no one else sees me that way."
R.J. Palacio (Wonder
I liked all of these quotes by R.J Palacio and it may help us with iur lit essays!

No comments:

Post a Comment